Skip to content

Application for certificate of consent of specified practice(s) in accordance with Regulation 7

In order to gain a new consent from ONR, please follow these steps:

  1. Email stating which consent(s) you would like to apply for and providing details of the person who will be point of contact, so ONR can set up the dutyholder interface platform (WIReD) ready for you to submit your application(s);
  2. Fill in the relevant safety assessment form(s) linked below; and
  3. When directed to do so, submit your completed safety assessment form(s) through WIReD.

ONR will acknowledge receipt of your application and provide a single certificate for each consent granted. A fee will be charged per consent.

The issued certificates will have attached conditions and employers should study these carefully. Once an employer has received consent, there will be no need to apply again unless there has been a material change to the practice (as defined in ONR guidance) or a significant change to the information previously provided.

If you have any queries, please email

Guidance on applying for IRR17 consent

Related documents


The process for notifications is only valid for work with ionising radiation taking place on a nuclear premise. Employers carrying out work with ionising radiation on any other premise must notify, register, or apply for consent from the Health and Safety Executive.

If you have any queries please send these via e-mail to