Skip to content

Notify ONR of any relevant work with ionising radiation in accordance with Regulation 5

The ONR will acknowledge receipt of an application, provide a single certificate for registration and provide a certificate for each consent granted. The certificates ONR issues will have attached conditions and employers should study these carefully. Once an employer has notified, registered or received consent, there will not be a need to apply again unless there has been a material change to the practice or a significant change to the information previously provided.


The process for notifications is only valid for work with ionising radiation taking place on a nuclear premise. Employers carrying out work with ionising radiation on any other premise must notify, register, or apply for consent from the Health and Safety Executive.

If you have any queries please send these via e-mail to