The following are useful links related to the work of ONR. ONR is not responsible for and cannot guarantee the accuracy of information on sites that it does not manage and a hyperlink does not mean ONR endorses the linked site.
If you would like a link to be considered please email the details to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nuclear Site Licensees in the UK
- Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE)
AWE hosts research and development centres in the UK facilitating the design and production of Britain's nuclear warheads.
- BAE Systems Marine Ltd
A transatlantic aerospace and defence company responsible for the design, build and initial in service support of the Astute Class submarines.
- EDF Energy Nuclear Generation Ltd
The group owns and runs eight nuclear power stations in the UK generating electricity. See also:
Runs Devonport Royal Dockyards and offers a complete range of design, build and support solutions across both defence and commercial sectors.
- GE Healthcare (formerly Amersham)
Focuses on medical diagnostics and life sciences.
- Imperial College of Science, Technology & Medicine
Runs a research reactor based at Silwood Park.
- NNB GenCo Ltd
NNB Generation Company Ltd (NNB GenCo), is the new nuclear build subsidiary of EDF Energy. and is the UK Nuclear Site Licensee for Hinkley Point C, which proposes to build a twin EPR PWR at its Somerset site.
- Rolls Royce Marine Power
Designs, develops, supplies and supports products and systems for commercial and naval use.
Non-departmental public body, focusing on nuclear clean-up and fusion research.
An independent, global energy and technology group which provides services to the nuclear generation industry worldwide
UK Government Departments, Agencies and Public Bodies
UK nuclear industry - organisations and committees
- European Safety Regulators Group (ENSREG)
ENSREG's role is to help to establish the conditions for continuous improvement and to reach a common understanding in the areas of nuclear safety and radioactive waste management. It is composed of senior officials from the national nuclear safety, radioactive waste safety or radiation protection regulatory authorities from all 27 Member States in the European Union and representatives of the European Commission.
- European Atomic Forum (FORATOM)
Brussels-based trade association for the nuclear energy industry in Europe. Foratom acts as the voice of the industry in energy policy discussions involving the EU institutions and provide a bridge between the industry and the institutions (Members of the European Parliament and key policy-makers in the European Commission).
- International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)
The Agency works with its Member States and multiple partners worldwide to promote safe, secure and peaceful nuclear technologies.
- IAEA International Nuclear Information System (INIS) and Nuclear Knowledge Management Section
- INIS processes most of the world's scientific and technical literature on a wide range of subjects from nuclear engineering, safeguards and non-proliferation to applications in agriculture and health.
- OECD Nuclear Energy Agency (NEA)
NEA is an agency within the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) responsible for maintaining and further developing, through international co-operation, the scientific, technological and legal bases required for the safe, environmentally friendly and economical use of nuclear energy for peaceful purposes.
- Western European Nuclear Regulators' Association (WENRA)
An association of agencies or regulatory agencies in the field of nuclear countries of Western Europe (including Switzerland).
- World Nuclear Association (WNA)
Seeks to promote the peaceful worldwide use of nuclear power as a sustainable energy resource.
International nuclear regulators
- Atomic Energy Authority of Sri Lanka
- State Nuclear Regulatory Committee of Ukraine