What is human factors in ONR?
Human Factors make a significant contribution to nuclear safety throughout a facility's lifecycle, and we are looking for experienced people with a strong knowledge and understanding of how individual, team and organisational performance can impact upon nuclear safety. The scope of work is reflected in ONR's Safety Assessment Principles for Nuclear Facilities on Human Factors.
Who do we need?
We require credible people:
- with experience of the assessment and/or production of human factors reports for the nuclear industry high-hazard or highly-regulated industries
- who understand the relationship between human factors and other technical disciplines
- with an ability to make sound judgements on the significance of human factors issues as they relate to overall risk
- are able to influence licensees and other stakeholders
We are looking for people with knowledge and experience in some or all of the following areas:
- Experience of the assessment and/or production of human factors reports for the nuclear, high-hazard or highly-regulated industries;
- Allocation of function between automated and human system components;
- Task and job design
- Human reliability assessment
- Human factors integration
- User interface design
- Procedure specification, design and presentation
- Training and competence
- Workload, fatigue, shift systems
- Staffing levels
- Treatment of human factors in operational experience feedback systems
- Communication systems
Workplace design (including ergonomics associated with thermal, light, access issues etc.)
How to apply
Please visit our recruitment portal.