Inspection of Arrangements for Compliance with: Licence Condition 19: Construction or Installation of New Plant
- Site: Hinkley Point C
- IR number: 16-009
- Date: October 2016
- LC numbers: 19
Purpose of intervention
The inspection comprised the planned inspection of implementation of the following key procedures which the NNB GenCo site functions use to manage:
- a contractor’s Request for Information (RFI); and,
- a contractor’s Field Change Request (FCR).
The procedures form part of NNB GenCo’s arrangements for complying with Licence Condition 19: Construction or installation of new plant.
Interventions Carried Out by ONR
Inspection of NNB GenCo’s implementation of the company procedures:
- Request for Information - NNB-201-PRO-000030;
- Manage Construction Change - Field Change Request - NNB-205-PRO-000110.
Key Findings, Inspector's Opinions and Reasons for Judgements Made
Licence Condition 19 – Construction or installation of new plant.
NNB GenCo’s procedures for managing Request For Information and Field Change Requests:
- represent adequate arrangements for managing technical queries and omissions;
- ensure that in the event a technical query or omission modifies the design of the new plant, such modifications will be managed in accordance with NNB GenCo’s arrangements for compliance with LC20: Modification to design of plant under construction;
- aim to ensure that the contractor, construction team and designers operate a rigorous system to capture, record, justify responses to technical queries and the implementation of changes proposed by the contractor.
The HPCSI inspection of Consolidated Change Information System concluded that NNB GenCo has demonstrated that the application of its arrangements to the Gallery Mock-Up is compliant with the procedures.
The HPCSI is seeking clarification of the role and operation of the Site Design Liaison Team.
Conclusion of Intervention
The HPSCI judges NNB GenCo implementation of its procedures for managing Requests For Information and Field Change Requests, which form part of NNB GenCo arrangements for compliance with Licence Condition 19: Construction or installation of new plant, to be GREEN.