Hinkley Point C. Planned Compliance Inspection: LC16: Site plans, designs and specifications
- Site: Hinkley Point C
- IR number: 16-006
- Date: September 2016
- LC numbers: 16
Purpose of intervention
NNB GenCo sought a meeting with ONR to:
- provide an update on development of its arrangements for compliance with Licence Condition (LC) 16;
- present early information on proposed modifications to the Hinkley Point C design having the potential to change the site plan and schedule of buildings and plant submitted to ONR for the purposes of LC16;
- report progress with its preparations for submitting an application to the Planning Inspectorate to amend the Hinkley Point C site layout; and,
- share information on the location of the non-permanent buildings erected for construction personnel.
Interventions Carried Out by ONR
Attended a scheduled level 4 meeting with the Head of Owner Engineering, owner of the arrangements for compliance with LC16. The meeting was attended by NNB GenCo personnel representing Owners Engineering Integration Branch, Design Authority Safety Case Branch, Site Controls and Planning.
Explanation of Judgement if Safety System Not Judged to be Adequate
Key Findings, Inspector's Opinions and Reasons for Judgements Made
The Hinkley Point C Site Inspector:
- noted the changes to NNB GenCo Owner Engineering team responsible for managing modifications having the potential to affect site plans and schedules of buildings and plant;
- welcomed improvements to the principal procedure for managing design modifications;
- confirmed that the site plan and list of buildings currently held by ONR reflect the current Hinkley Point C design Reference Configuration and thus satisfy the requirements of LC16.
- acknowledged that NNB GenCo has applied its arrangements for compliance with LC20 - Modifications to the design of a plant under construction - to the RC1.2 and R1.2 (post) modifications having the potential to impact the site plan and, subject to final submission of the resulting amended site plan, remains compliant with LC16.
Conclusion of Intervention
The Hinkley Point C Site Inspector concludes that NNB GenCo has demonstrated that it is compliant with LC16: Site plans, designs and specifications. The HPCSI judges NNB GenCo’s performance to be adequate and therefore awards an Intervention Rating of GREEN.