8 Full reports in relation to Sellafield Intervention Records
- Date released
- 17 May 2019
- Request number
- Release of information under
- Freedom of Information Act 2000
- A copy of the full ONR report on the level 1 emergency exercise held at Sellafield on 2 April 2019.
- A copy of the full ONR report on the annual demonstration of emergency management capability (Exercise CITADEL) at Sellafield in July 2018 (http://www.onr.org.uk/intervention-records/1819/sellafield-18-056.htm).
- A copy of the full ONR report on the emergency management capability re-demonstration at Sellafield in October 2018 (http://www.onr.org.uk/intervention-records/1819/sellafield-18-102.htm)
- A copy of the report relating to 'ONR issue 5266’ relating to Minimum Safe Manning Levels (MSMLs) (referred to here: http://www.onr.org.uk/intervention-records/1718/sellafield-17-044.htm).
- A copy of the full ONR report relating to the inspection: LC 11 Unannounced Compliance Inspection - Infrastructure's Analytical Services Facility at Sellafield in December 2017 (http://www.onr.org.uk/intervention-records/1718/sellafield-17-182.htm).
- A copy of the full ONR report relating to the inspection: Remediation – LC 11 and LC34 Compliance Inspection and Attendance at the WVP, HALES and Remediation Quarterly Review Meetings - 13-20 June 2017 (http://www.onr.org.uk/intervention-records/1718/sellafield-17-044.htm)
- A copy of the full ONR report relating to the inspection: System Based Inspection (SBI) of Package Management Roads and Railways (PM R&R) at Sellafield, June 2017 (http://www.onr.org.uk/intervention-records/1718/sellafield-17-042.htm)
- A copy of the full ONR report relating to the inspection: Sellafield - Licence Condition 36 (Organisational Capability) Arrangements Inspection, May 2017 (http://www.onr.org.uk/intervention-records/1718/sellafield-17-022.htm)
In response to your request, please find attached:
- ONR-SDFW-IR-19-001 Intervention Record – 2nd April 2019
- ONR-SDFW-IR-18-056 Intervention Record – 10h July 2018
- ONR-SDFW-IR-18-102 Intervention Record – 8th October 2018
- ONR-SDFW-IR-16-193 Intervention Record – 14th-16th March 2017
- ONR-SDFW-IR-17-182 Intervention Record – 11th December 2017
- ONR-SDFW-IR-17-044 Intervention Record – 13th -20th June 2017
- ONR-SDFW-IR-17-042 Intervention Record – 13th -14th June 2017
- ONR-SDFW-IR-17-022 Intervention Record – 9th -10th May 2017
Please note that:
- Personal data has been redacted in accordance with FOIA Section 40. This is an absolute exemption so does not require a Public Interest Test.
- Sensitive data has been redacted in accordance with FOIA Section 24.
- Other data has been redacted from the fourth attachment (ONR-SDFW-IR-16-193) that does not directly related to the requested topic.
- In first document (ONR-SDFW-IR-19-001), page 7, section 21. states ‘The Level 1 exercise commenced at circa 09.00 of the morning of 4 April 2019’ – please note this should read 2 April 2019.
Factors for release
The information may provide reassurance to the public about the safety and security of nuclear installations. It may also facilitate the accountability and transparency of ONR for decisions taken by them as a regulator of the nuclear industry.
Factors for withholding
The information is sensitive as it provides details of the site safety case, quantity and form of nuclear material, emergency plans and security nuclear material and facilities and shared with ONR in confidence, to facilitate our regulatory assessments. This information is judged to be of benefit to hostile and malicious antagonists who may exploit it to identify potential vulnerabilities in the safeguarding of the UK’s national security infrastructure.
In conclusion, this information has been established as sensitive to the safeguarding of national security and shared with ONR in confidence, to facilitate our assessment. Therefore, it is ONR’s judgement that publication of elements of the information requested is not in the public interest.
Section 24 & 40
PIT (Public Interest Test) if applicable
Yes, please see above.