1) What are the regulations or guidelines governing the frequency and admissible purposes of helicopter landings and take-offs from the Hinkley Point nuclear complex in West Somerset, and what distance is the landing pad from the Hinkley A and B reactor buildings.
The Air Navigation (Restriction of Flying) (Nuclear Installations) Regulations 2007 govern restrictions on flying around nuclear installations.
Regulation 3 places restrictions on flights within a cylinder with a radius of 2 nautical miles and to a height of 2000 feet from the centre of the Hinkley Point site.
Regulation 4. however states that:
The landing pad is on the Hinkley Point C site c 600m from the Hinkley Point A Reactor Buildings and c 800m from the Hinkley Point B Reactor Buildings.
It should be noted that the Hinkley Point C planning permission constraints also apply to non-emergency commercial helicopter landings, restricting its use to 5 two-way flights each calendar year
2) Do such flights have to be granted permission in advance by the ONR?
3) Is a record maintained of such arrivals and departures?
Not by ONR
4) How many Helicopter landings and departures have there been at the site since 1/1/2012
ONR is aware of 2.
5) What were the dates and times of these events and what were the stated purposes?