Office for Nuclear Regulation

This website uses non-intrusive cookies to improve your user experience. You can visit our cookie privacy page for more information.

Make a complaint about ONR

ONR is committed to providing a high standard of service to everyone we deal with. For this reason, we welcome any comments about our service, including when we get things wrong. We want to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible. We will listen to complaints, treat them seriously, respond to them swiftly and learn from them so we can improve our service.

If you have any comments or feedback that does not constitute a complaint, we would still like to hear from you so we can improve our service and the way we do things. You can find contact details on the contact us section of our website.

We treat as a complaint any expression of dissatisfaction with our service which calls for a response. This includes:

ONR will not review complaints that:

In addition to the above, ONR has in place a Decision review and appeals process which describes how an appeal against a regulatory decision can be made.

Make a complaint using our online form

If you are not satisfied with how ONR has handled your complaint

If you are not satisfied with how ONR has handled your complaint, you can contact your Member of Parliament (MP) and ask for your complaint to be referred to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman (PHSO). The PHSO can carry out independent investigations into complaints that injustice has been caused by maladministration on the part of UK government departments and some public bodies, including ONR.

You can find out who your MP is and write to them at:

House of Commons 
London SW1A 0AA