HM Nuclear Installations Inspectorate
Relicensing the Atomic Weapons Establishment Sites to AWE plc
ANNEX 1: Appendix 2
LICENCE CONDITION 36: CONTROL OF ORGANISATIONAL
- The licensee shall make and implement adequate
arrangements to control any change to its organisational
structure or resources which may affect safety.
- The licensee shall submit to the Executive for approval
such part or parts of the aforesaid arrangements as the
Executive may specify.
- The licensee shall ensure that once approved no
alteration or amendment is made to the approved arrangements
unless the Executive has approved such alteration or
- The aforesaid arrangements shall provide for the
classification of changes to the organisational structure or
resources according to their safety significance. The
arrangements shall include a requirement for the provision of
adequate documentation to justify the safety of any proposed
change and shall where appropriate provide for the submission
of such documentation to the Executive.
- The licensee shall if so directed by the Executive halt
the change to its organisational structure or resources and the
licensee shall not recommence such change without the consent
of the Executive.